Wader Repair - fabric
· Waders (turned inside out)
· Aquasure or other liquid and flexible water resistant glue
· Iron, set the temperature suitable for polyester / nylon fabrics
· Water from the hose
1. Turn your waders inside out and fill with water. Fill only the leaking leg if possible. (pic 2)
2. Search for small drops appearing on the wader surface. Try to find the starting point of the leak. Mark all holes with a marker. (pic 3)
3. Let the waders dry from inside and outside.
4. Apply a drop of glue into the marked zone. Spread and press it to the fabric. Let dry according to glue’s instructions (pics 4,5,6)
5. If the hole still leaks, repeat action and apply thicker or/and wider layer of glue.
6. If you don’t have any glue, or you want to secure the result, seal the area with ironing a piece of seam tape on top of it. Make sure you are pressing and holding the hot iron long enough, so that the glue melts a bit from the sides of the seam tape. (included in the wader pocket) (pics 7,8,9)
7. Let the tape cool down before moving the waders.